This player uses the SWFFocus update from Adobe.
The fix works in Firefox on both Windows and OSX, and in Google Chrome and Safari 5 on OSX only. The Windows versions of Chrome and Safari do not seem to shift focus to and from the plug-in correctly. Also, be aware that Safari 5 appears to contain a bug that disables keyboard input to the Debugger version of the FlashPlayer, so be sure to test with the regular released version of the FlashPlayer.
JWPlayer is free for non-commercial use, but has a small fee for commercial use and support.
- Uses tabindex=0 on the player’s
to make the Flash Player tabbable.
- Uses SWFFocus to make the Flash Player receive keyboard focus and not trap it inside.
- The Flash keyboard trap is fixed when SWFFocus automatically creates two hidden links before and after the player. One has the id=”beforeswfanchor1″ and the other id=”afterswfanchor1″
JW Player Embed MethodLoading the player …
CodeLoading the player ...
Accessible Media Player
Browser Screen Reader Results IE 9 JAWS 12 Yes FF 5 JAWS 12 Yes
- 1.2 Time-based Media: The purpose of this guideline is to provide access to time-based and synchronized media. (Level A) This includes media that is:
- audio and/or video combined with interaction
- 2.1.1 Keyboard: All functionality of the content is operable through a keyboard interface… (Level A)