This is a pretty good media player. It supports both closed captions and audio description, is keyboard accessible, has the Flash buttons labeled with meaningful words for the screen reader user, and provides a JavaScipt interface so the web page and communicate with the Flash Player.
It’s free for non-commercial use, but has a fee for commercial use.
- Download and find out more information at: JW Player for Flash and HTML 5
- Learn more about the players accessibility at:Making the player accessible
- Buy at: http://www.longtailvideo.com/players/jw-flv-player/
JW Player Embed Method
Loading the player ...
|IE 9||JAWS 12||Yes|
|FF 5||JAWS 12||Yes|
- 1.2 Time-based Media: The purpose of this guideline is to provide access to time-based and synchronized media. (Level A) This includes media that is:
- audio and/or video combined with interaction
- WCAG 2.0 Technique Flash17: Preventing a keyboard trap in Flash content